The Daily Mail Class Calculator
The BBC has recently claimed there are now seven social classes. Like all things from the BBC, they are wrong. Here to put it right is the Daily Mail with our British Class Calculator.
Have you ever needed handouts?
- I've had to claim benefits.
- I don't need those, thank you very much.
- Only from Mummy and Daddy, but that doesn't count, right?
- No, in tough times I sell my homegrown herbs.
Owning a home and looking at house prices is fascinating. Where do you own your home?
- I don't own a home.
- In England.
- In one of the "other countries".
- Do you just want the first home, or both?
You're having a dinner party. Who would you invite?
- Kate Middleton
- The Queen
- If only Diana was here
- David Cameron (He's just popping round after we've gone riding)
- Frankie Boyle or one of those so-called comedians of the day
An immigrant The new couple who moved in to the street
What would you do on a normal day?
- Go for a cancer checkup (You never know, these days)
- Watch TV
- Tut at things
- Check my horoscope - first thing every morning
- Think of the children
- Write letters to the Daily Telegraph about the decline of this great nation
Looks like you're a vile product of the welfare state
Oh dear oh dear oh dear. You little scum.
Why not share your outrage and take to Twitter about this? You do love to tweet about this newspaper you never read. We'll quote you and do a character assassination later too.
You're part of the squeezed middle
They're really not doing enough to help us, are they? Typical. (tut). We'll make a Daily Mail reader of you yet!
Why not share your outrage and take to Twitter about this?
You are... middle class
Well done, you. Pat on the back there. We'll discuss this over tea and house prices. You're a subscriber to the paper, aren't you?
Why not share your outrage about the state of this nation and take to Twitter about this?
You're posh, then
Bit of a toff now, aren't we. But I bet we knew that already.
Why not share your outrage and take to Twitter about this? Oh okay, get the assistant to press the button. It's the big one below.